Taco Bell is merging technological advancements, innovative operations, and a people-first approach into its new restaurant model. The “Go Mobile” concept will allow Taco Bell to push boundaries of the quick service restaurant (QSR) customer experience further with the addition of several digital features. The concept is designed for guests to order ahead through the brand’s mobile app so guests can enjoy the Taco Bell experience in a contactless, safe way.
The Go Mobile restaurant will open in the first quarter of 2021 and will feature five main digital adoption updates to improve the customer experience:
- Minimization: Taco Bell Mobile locations will now be 1,325 square feet, compared to the average 2,500 square foot traditional Taco Bell.
- Dual Drive-Thru: The new concepts will have two drive-thru lanes including a priority pick-up lane with rapid service for customers who order through the Taco Bell app.
- Synchronized Digital Experience: Powered by smart kitchen technology integrated with the Taco Bell app.
- Curbside Pick-Up: Taco Bell Go Mobile customers will have the option to receive their order via contactless curbside pick-up.
- Bellhops: Taco Bell Mobile will include tablet ordering in drive-thrus curbside pickup, which will be operated by a concierge service of team members known as bellhops.
“With demand for our drive-thru at an all-time high, we know adapting to meet our consumers rapidly changing needs has never been more important," said Taco Bell President and Global COO Mike Grams. "The Taco Bell Go Mobile restaurant concept is not only an evolved physical footprint, but a completely synchronized digital experience centered around streamlining guest access points. For the first time, our guests will have the ability to choose the pick-up experience that best fits their needs, all while never leaving the comfort of their cars."
See the full story here.